Several different aspects factor into the quality of your essay. And even if you happen to manage being successful with one, falling short on any of the others can put you in a lower position for acceptance.
In such a competitive environment as today's college application process, you will need every advantage at your disposal. An engaging and relevant topic can be overshadowed by a poorly organized essay that can land your entire application in the "rejected" pile.
As such, a great essay can help to put you in the best position for acceptance. That's true even if the college’s application doesn’t have an explicit essay requirement because you can put yourself in a better position by writing an essay that truly shows off who you are as a student and a person.
Have Dr. Kay and Counterpoint help you write the essay of your life so you can get accepted to the school of your dreams!
See All That's Included
Be sure you are fully prepared to do your very best on the ACT Essay section with Counterpoint's How to Write the ACT Essay Academy
Introducing the Self-Paced
The ACT Essay Academy
Developed and taught by National Board certified Master Teacher, Dr. Kay Van Der Burg
Counterpoint's self-paced How to Write the ACT Essay Academy was created to as a one-of-a-kind online course, showing students how to:
- Take a clear position on any ACT essay prompt.
- Write a clear thesis.
- Present support in an organized way.
- Draw a convincing conclusion.
While the ACT Essay is not a required portion of the ACT test, most colleges want you to take it and to see your score.
-Dr. Kay Van Der Burg
What's Covered in Counterpoint's How to Write the ACT Essay Academy?
Dr. Kay walks you through the components of a strong ACT essay, and provides a library of examples to show students how the readers will evaluate your essay. You will acquire the tools and skills to take a clear position on a given ACT essay prompt, write a clear thesis, present support in an organized way, and draw a convincing conclusion.
If your essay has these characteristics, you know you will have a great score on the ACT Essay!
How It Works
You'll have access to a Resource library that includes a Glossary of Essay Terms, 150 verbs you can use to add interest to your essay, and the following two sets of practice ACT essay prompts:
- Do you agree that no actions are unselfish?
- Do awards and prizes discredit any competitor who is not a winner?
- Is our court system fair, in that truth is often sacrificed to the need to win a case?
- Do we act differently based on what we’ve learned from history?
- Do we need to acknowledge that we are sheltering our children from developing the coping skills they need to lead a productive life?
- Should a politician work for the good of the larger country or the interests of his or her constituency?
- If paying for problems caused by the manufacture of a product such as tobacco is deemed a correct action by the courts, should not alcohol and gun manufacturers pay to alleviate the problems they cause?
- Is guilt appropriate if a parent is unavailable at a time of his or her child’s need?
- Is life harder today for teens than it was 50 years ago?
- Are Americans too concerned with material goods?
- Does a celebrity have the responsibility to act as a positive role model?
- Should an eyewitness account be considered valid evidence in a serious court case, such as a death penalty case?
In addition, you will find independent practice opportunities and a section dedicated to evaluating student responses.
Using what you learn from this mastery class, you will learn how to stick out and get a high score in this section of the ACT.
Learn what you need to write your best ACT Essay and you'll be a College Admission's Dream!
See All That's Included
"There cannot possibly be enough thank you in the world to thank you for preparing me so well. You have truly been a blessing in my life. So thank you (x infinity) because I would be nowhere without you!"
Get Started with Counterpoint's Self-Paced ACT Essay Academy Right Now!
The 40-minute ACT Essay is not a required section on the ACT test, most colleges want you to elect to take this section and see your score.
With our commitment to education and a history of enabling successful students, students can feel confident that their scores will improve after using our comprehensive courses.
Take advantage of everything we offer!
"I want to thank you for the preparation you gave me. Next year at Amherst and in the future, your preparation lessons will remain a part of my education."
"Your help has been crucial and instrumental in helping me strive to reach my goals."
"Thank you for boosting my confidence. As crazy as this sounds, I had so much fun doing the lessons."
All of Counterpoint courses and tutoring comes with an iron-clad 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you're not satisfied, I'm not satisfied. After going through the lessons and finding that you aren't totally thrilled, simply contact me, and I'll make it right. If not, I will happily refund your investment 100%.